Mini-Makeover Case Study – Tingalpa
This 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with double garage and pool was appraised by several agents in 2014 between $590,000 and $600,000. The home was positioned on a generous 770m2 corner block and had a good floor plan but at 12 years old, was in original condition other than the replacement of carpet with floating floor boards in recent years. The gardens had not been maintained and were largely overgrown.
Keryn arranged the following improvements:
- Owners to re-paint the property throughout
- Hire of some furniture items (lounge suites, lamps, rug, coffee table) for unfurnished rooms
- New roller blinds installed in all bedrooms, new curtains to formal lounge
- Replace all dated light fittings with new oyster type
- Cabinet maker to refresh the kitchen and bathrooms, polishing timber, tightening doors, re-sealing, replacing silicone
- Garden overhaul, re-turf front yard, remove dated arch climbing structure, new plants and mulch to gardens.
|Sale Price:||$ 640,000|
|Pre-improvement appraisal:||$ 600,000|
|Less Improvement Costs:||$ 4,000|